Civil Rights & Equal Opportunity Office
The California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services, commits to a safe environment. One that is free of discrimination for all employees and visitors. The EEO Office, under the direction of the EEO Officer, reports to the director of Cal OES.
Explore this Section
Grant Subrecipient - EEO Compliance Requirements
Ensure EEO laws are being followed
The EEO office handles the development and monitoring of the EEO Program. Our goal is to:
- Allow all employees an opportunity to express their concerns in a uniform process.
- Provide impartial consideration to all allegations of discrimination, harassment and retaliation.
- Ensure the handling of complaints are at the lowest level appropriate.
- Allow management the opportunity to correct unprofessional behaviors through training and corrective action.
- Review internal processes to prevent non-job-related barriers to employment.